Friday, May 05, 2006

meta support

meta
Beyond; transcending; more comprehensive:
At a higher state of development:

support
The act or an instance of helping:
A means or device that keeps something erect, stable, or secure

Since this is my first post, I guess a "Welcome to Meta-Support" is obligatory.
This site is about support and customer service. I have been working in tech support departments since the late 90's (no I will not fix your computer) and I still can't believe the things I run into - and the crappy service get everywhere else. C'mon - it's not that hard to pretend to be helpful is it?
Anyway, I've got some ideas and opinions about the whole support thing and, lucky you, I'm considering making them public. I plan more than just "tech support" rants - but I may not be able to avoid them all the time - I believe a little foresight and planning is where quality support and service begins - and then making sure that policies and procedures are in place to allow the support rep to do their job.

No comments: